[MIP-#1] Ratifying Mangrove DAO’s Governance Model v0

Thanks @philh and congrats on the very first MIP!

We look forward to watching a new governance model come into the ecosystem and are excited to see how all stakeholder groups function together.

I just had a couple of points I wanted to touch on:

Giving the council Veto power for proposals may cause apathy amongst participants and also undermine the decentralization of the DAO. Furthermore, it would be great to get more information as to what their Veto abilities extend to? There is a conflict of interest if they are elected, fired, and funded by governance, but they can Veto governance decisions that could affect them.

I think it could be more beneficial and less of a burden on the council to act as a steward of the DAO and help facilitate successful “Temp Checks” to formal proposals which is then decided on by all the stakeholders.

Do you expect subjective voting power to cause issues within the builders group concerning the distribution of voting power and politics? It could potentially be good for the DAO to establish at least a tier system to allocate VP according to full-time/part-time in which members decide who receives a specific tier.

Nonetheless, awesome idea!

1 Like